Thursday, February 09, 2017

The Freddy Does Uverse

The AT&T guy left an hour or so ago after switching my internet and phone to their Uverse service. It's supposed to be faster and cheaper. Is it faster? Hard to say when your computer is kinda slow, but the installer said it's much, much faster, at least on paper.

Is it cheaper? I wont' know that until I get my first bill and I don't know if they'll be billing me for the new modem they installed. I forgot to ask the guy about that. 

But, so far, maybe a half hour into this uverse thing, no complaints.

Now that you've read that, please go visit the Unchain Your Dog web site. A real nice site that should be seen by all.

4 Comments:

At 1:02 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

normal installation fee is about $200 +50 for modem
unless you got some special install fee for switching to crappy uverse

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

Uh, oh.

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger gabriele gray said...

The speed will only be a good as how they deliver the service. If it's being delivered on the old copper cables, then it's not going to get better. Somehow I doubt Uverse is running fiber optic cables all over Humboldt, so until that happens, it's copper for you.
The low price is for the first year, intro offer usually.
Shouldn't be an installation fee...doesn't take that much.
I had ATT DSL and a neighbor (same building, a triplex) got Uverse and his speeds weren't any better than mine.
ATT started turning my service off and on...(long story) at certain times and for certain periods. I got cable through my landlady, much better.
Hope it works well for you

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

As I told the install guy, it would be hard to tell if internet is quicker when the computer is real slow. If I did a download, maybe I'd notice, but I haven't yet and everything seems the same as it was.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home