Thursday, February 09, 2017

Water and Sewer Rates Going Up in Eureka

Kiem TV reported last night on a proposal by the City of Eureka to raise water and sewer rates. Someone on the show mentioned the average rate per household is something like $70 or $80 a month. 

I'd always wondered about that. I try to skimp on water usage, and stopped flushing the toilet every time I'd go pee years ago. A friend asked me why we didn't flush the toilet. I simply told him that water costs money. How much we save by doing that, I don't know. 

If the average rate is higher than ours, I suppose we must save some money. I guess I shouldn't complain about our monthly bill usually being around $50.00. It will kinda irk me, though, to pay more when I still try to scrimp and save water.

"If it's yellow, let it mellow. If it's brown, flush it down"- Something some friends told me was going around where they lived to encourage people to save water. That's what we already did.

7 Comments:

At 2:49 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Wait until they try to explain to you that lead was in your water.

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Most water users don't even use there alotment of water for the month and are over-paying for the water that they never received...... what kind of scam is that Fred...... easy a bigger government scam.......

Like forced garbage collection service.

Eureka deserves to be a shit small hick city, nothing screams Eureka is a good place to live.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

"Wait until they try to explain to you that lead was in your water."

Eureka sends out a letter once a year with the chemical analysis of the tap water. It's supposed to be pretty good water.

 
At 8:14 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Water in old neighborhoods, hmmmm, they testing at your tap?

 
At 8:18 PM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Lol, water is overall good compared to rest of state, but old pipes rust, leach toxins.....probably old steel water lines compared to lead up here.....just a Flint glimpse......actually, back in the day, lead poisoning long term caused bones to spark.

 
At 6:11 AM, Blogger Fred Mangels said...

" they testing at your tap?"

I believe there's some regulation or law the water be analyzed once a year and the results be shown to residents.

 
At 10:56 AM, Blogger Henchman Of Justice said...

Again, do they knock on your door, ask to enter and test your tap?

Tap tap tappidy tap, just tap it in, just tap tappidy tap it in.


Hard to golf right now, the Muni is a swamp.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home